VENUE INFORMATION PAGE
Please find a quick summary of all things to know for the Travelling Tradies Platform for the next phase.
WHAT IS THE VALUE TRAVELLING TRADIES
PROVIDES FOR OUR VENUES
The reality of owning a rental property is you need to maintain the property in a state that maximises the enjoyment for your guests so you get great reviews which lead to more bookings and more income. This maintenance comes with high costs which are increasing year on year with the biggest increase over the last 20 years coming from call out fees and labour costs, this process also takes time as you need to organise the repairs which includes the pain of finding the right tradesperson as well as ensuring someone is at the property to co-ordinate with them.
The Travelling Tradies system fixes these two issues and more. By signing up to our system we take the hassle out of:
- Organising fixes/repairs for your property
- Reducing the cash outlay for fixing/repairing your property by removing the call out fee and labour costs
- We take that list of “to do’s” off your hands
- We help you increase property equity
- We allow hosts to have affordable access to qualified & reliable Tradies
- We help you utilise wasted capacity at your venue especially during OFF-PEAK times
TRAVELLING TRADIES BETA PHASE
- Be patient with the process and understand there may be bugs
- Report any flaws, errors or imperfections discovered in the platform or materials
- Understand all the aspects of being a TT Host or Tradie for this next phase and agree to the parameters set by TT including:
- Types of jobs
- Stay dates
- Understand that this is not the final version of the platform and accept that certain components of the platform may not be available until a later date
- Understand we are looking for a set number of Tradies and Hosts and all will be required to pass a vetting stage managed by Admin to ensure we are a right fit for each other.
- Understand we are trying to test everything in the platform from look, to flow, to functionality and all other aspects to collect valuable user feedback and iterate accordingly
Should you encounter any bugs, glitches, lack of functionality or other problems on the BETA Platform, please let us know immediately so we can rectify these accordingly. Your help in this regard is greatly appreciated.
HOW THE PLATFORM WORKS
WHAT SOME OF OUR CURRENT HOSTS HAVE TO SAY
HOST - NSW
JoeP & JEANNETTE
HOSTS - VIC
HOST - QLD
JOB EQUIVALENCY FOR STAY CRITERIA
These are some more examples of handyman jobs suitable to list for BETA Phase: (multiples of these jobs can also be put as 1 task)
These are examples of handyman jobs SUITABLE to list for BETA Phase:
- Tighten toilet seats
- Fixing flyscreens on windows/doors
- Hanging pictures
- Hanging TV’s
- Garden clean up
- Fixing broken cupboards
- Building furniture
- Changing light globes and batteries in appliances
- Fixing toilet roll holder
- Putting up shelves
- Patching holes in walls, sanding and painting
- Tightening handles
- Fixing latches
- Small Trade specific jobs may be accepted - Examples include:
- Plumber - changing a mixer
- Electrician - installing globe transformers
- Carpenter - Replacing a length of rotten skirt
This is not an exhaustive list but merely indicative of the type of jobs we are accepting for the BETA phase.
If unsure if the jobs you are thinking qualify, please contact us.
- These are examples of TRADE SPECIFIC JOBS suitable to list for BETA Phase:
- Building a retaining wall
- Painting a bedroom
- Extending an existing deck
- Building a small deck
- Replacing skirting
- Changing over an old toilet
- Demo works
REAL JOB EXAMPLE
One of our epic tradies helped a host re-do their old pool deck and created this beautiful solution for them.
These are examples of things NOT suitable to list for BETA Phase:
***In future we will accommodate more but for purposes of the BETA Phase we will not be accepting these type of works ---->>>>
- New builds
- Massive refurb jobs
BETA PHASE EXCHANGE DATES
FOR THE BETA PHASE WE ARE LOOKING FOR HOSTS WHO CAN ACCOMMODATE STAYS BETWEEN
AUGUST 25TH 2020 & April 1st 2021 (Open to negotiation)
Q: How much do I have to pay Travelling Tradies if a tradie books my property for exchange via the platform?
A: As a Host you pay nothing for access to the platform! During the current BETA phase you will actually receive 1% of the fee back to you as a Host.
The only thing you will have to pay for as a Host is any materials needed to complete works.
For more information around this please refer to the How it Works page on the BETA Site.
Q: What about materials for the jobs to be completed?
A: Tradies will cover materials up to $200AUD and will retain and submit all receipts for reimbursement form the Host.
Hosts will reimburse the Tradie in the most efficient means necessary i.e. bank transfer or cash
Hosts will reimburse Tradies within 48 hours of the receipts being submitted and approved by TT and the Host (No reasonable purchase will be denied).
For any works where materials cost more than $200AUD the Host has to pre-arrange for the materials to be purchased.
Hosts will be required to submit credit card details to Travelling Tradies before their first stay is initiated.
Q: During the BETA Phase when can Tradies book my property?
A: For the BETA we are looking for Hosts that can accommodate our Tradies between 25th August and 1st April 2021.
Obviously dependent on prior bookings we ask that Host correct the availability in their listing accordingly. In future a we will link into channel managers and other booking site calendars.
Q: When can I expect the tradies to arrive at my property?
A: The tradies will book through the calendar system according to the availability you have specified and will arrive form the dates booked.
Q: What happens if a Tradie stays at my property and doesn’t do the work agreed or doesn’t meet the my expected standard?
A: Should the Tradie not complete the agreed works, to the agreed standards, Travelling Tradies reserves the right to charge the Tradie's credit card a fee equal to the market rate of the venue (calculated from the cost per night listed by Travelling Tradies on the platform, multiplied by 10) plus a service fee of 10% of the total amount owed. Hosts will receive the amount of each night and Travelling Tradies will receive service fee. Agreed standards are ultimately determined by Travelling Tradies administration. Such agreed standards will vary according to the work being undertaken, but will ultimately be informed directly by aligned industry standard expectations.
It is however your responsibility as a Host to give enough clarity on the tasks to be completed when creating Property Listing.
Q: How do I ensure my property is protected?
If you do not have appropriate insurance you may be personally liable for any damages or injuries caused to the Tradie, guests or their belongings.
As we are a small start up with a novel concept it has been difficult for us to obtain a full comprehensive insurance policy to cover both sides of our market (Tradies & Hosts). As we DO NOT yet have full blown insurance we ask you to accept and be patient with this and strongly recommend you take out your own insurances if you do not have it. Please know we are working around the clock to solve this.
Please note that Travelling Tradies has no control over the conduct of Tradies and disclaims all liability. Failure of Tradies to satisfy their responsibilities will result in suspension of activity and removal from the Travelling Tradies Platform.
We also strongly recommend ALL communication between Tradies and Hosts stays within the platform so that transparency and monitoring is able to be managed by Travelling Tradies. This ensures that in the unlikely event of an incident we can have the correct information to help resolve any issues that arise.
Having said all this, please be aware that YOUR happiness is our goal. If you’re not happy, we’ll work to make it right. Travelling Tradies strives to match you with the right Tradies for you and your property every time. If you’re not satisfied with the Tradie, the quality of works completed or the exchange, let us know and we’ll work to make it right together.
All claims needs to be raised within 48 hours of the assigned Tradie leaving the property.
If appropriate, involvement from law enforcement will be called upon and all of our staff are granted authority and instructed to call them if they deem necessary during or after an emergency situation.
Q: What happens if a Tradie damages my property?
A: All damage claims will need to be verified and approved by Travelling Tradies and all Hosts/Tradies involved will have an opportunity to present their case. Please refer to Dispute Resolution Page here. We do enforce that all Hosts for the BETA have appropriate property insurances prior to being accepted as a Host on the platform.
- Dispute Resolution - For all information on any conflicts or disputes please refer to: https://www.travellingtradies.com/dispute-resolution